Dear fellow Doctors,
In this post I have attached the authentic official and latest Checklist for required documents to apply for Berufserlaubnis ( Temporary License) in the state of Lower Saxony ( Niedersachsen).
It is available on the Niedersachsen Arztekammer ( medical council) website.
Naturally like everything in Germany, even this Document is in German language, here will try to explain what each point in the Checklist mean in simple English. You may use the translator for this purpose, but a piece of advise, dont trust google translate blindly, its wrong many times in terms of context and accuracy.
First 3 points are simple Forms to be downloaded from the website and filled accordingly.
4. Detailed CV
5. For people who have lived in Germany for more than 3 months:
Its a Police Clearance certificate, obtained from the Auslanderbehorde ( Foreign Office in every city in Germany) should not be older than 1 month.
6. For people who have lived in Germany for shorter duration.
Need to get a Police Clearance certificate from your own country. In India, we get it from the local Passport Office. Simple online system, costs 500 Rs. Checkout Passport India website.
7. Passport ( Never send original, an attested copy or just a plain Photo Copy is also sufficient).
8. An appointment letter from a Hospital in the State, promising you a job after Berufserlaubnis is obtained.
9. Language requirements.
a) Minimum B2 level certificate.
b) Medical German exam ( will be conducted by the Council , an exam appointment will be given)
10. Previous Berufserlaubnis ,if one has already worked before in Germany .
11. MBBS degree, Medical Registration ( MCI or State ,any will do ), Internship complition, Passing Certificate.
12. Good Standing Certificate from MCI.
13. German Translations of all these documents. ( Donot translate your documents in India, because the validity of those translations might be questioned here. Normally Tranlastions of these Documents cost between 300-400 Euros.